Monday 23 September 2013

The first post of what will hopefully be many more...

HEY! I'm Jason/Jay Ashcroft and I'm a Level Designer within the gaming industry. I've just started my MA in Games Design at UCLAN (University of Central Lancashire) and this blog is for me to document the development of everything I do of the next year!

I graduated a few months ago and got my BA (honors) in Game Design, During the 3 years I studied for this I realised my talents were best used in Level Design/Mechanics/Narrative. With my MA I will be helping in working on a game within a team, as the first title as an indie developer; focusing on designing the levels and also helping where needed.

During my MA I wish to explore different engines e.g Unity, to create levels in, though I primarily use UDK and most likely will be for the title I will be working on this year. I will also be challenging myself to create levels out of my comfort area so I can make them as enjoyable as possible for the game in mention.

So! saying that i will update this blog as much as possible, so any feedback from anyone reading this would be brilliant!

Laters taters!

No comments:

Post a Comment